Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Spring Break!


Spring break has been great so far! It's so nice to spend so much time with Garrett and have him not be stressed out and thinking about school 24/7. We are spending spring break in Savannah at Garrett's parents' house, which has been lots of fun. On Monday we went to Hilton Head SC to spend the day with some friends who got a condo for the week. The beach was great and the weather was absolutely perfect - a great breeze and the water was so warm! I did get pretty sunburnt, though, and that has been painful.

On Tuesday some friends of ours from school came down to Savannah to spend a few days with us. We went downtown to River Street on Tues night and walked around the shops and things. Abby was so good in her stroller and she really seemed to like the cobblestone sidewalk - she was bouncing around like crazy! But since the weather was so nice, there were gnats everywhere and every time I slapped them off my arms, my sunburn stung so badly!

Then today (Wednesday) we went to Tybee Island to the beach again, and although I put sunscreen on I forgot to get my face, so I have a REALLY bad sunburn around where my sunglasses where, especially on my nose. It's so painful! I'm going to have to send Garrett to the store to get me some Aloe. And some stuff for smores, yum.

Well, as you can see in the picture Abby loved the beach. She has been so good this whole trip! Oh, and as a matter of fact, she has now slept through the night twice in a row! On Monday night and last night I put her down around 11 pm, and she didn't wake up until 8 the next morning!! I really didn't mind getting up once a night like I have been for the last few weeks, but this really is nice too and I'm so glad she is such a good sleeper. She really is such a sweet baby.

2 comments:

Emma and John said...

I'm so jealous! You are probably so tan and the weather is warm and you are by the beach and your baby is sleeping through the night...you've got some luck! In Utah, windy, cool, no beach, and a baby who is sick and won't sleep- that's me! No, I can't complain. That is so awesome though about her sleeping through the night! I need to train Christopher. Good blogging- keep it up! I'm not the only one who looks...:)

david said...

She's right...we just looked :) AND we are jealous of your time on the beach. Your trip sounded cool. (This is John's brother David and fam by the way).