Monday, August 6, 2007

You Can Fly!


Abby has been doing so much flying in her short little life so far... it's especially amazing to me because I never went on an airplane until I was 17! When Abby was 6 weeks old we flew to Las Vegas for a wedding in St. George, and then when she was 12 weeks old she and I flew to Utah to visit Emma and Molly and Mike. Then, in July she flew to New York/Pennsylvania to see Grandma and Grandpa Siebach. The day after we got back from THAT trip, we flew to Phoenix to see Garrett's extended family, and then from there we flew to Mexico for a week, then back to Phoenix, then back to Atlanta. Whew! Just writing all that made me tired. Thankfully, we are home for a while now, and then next time we take a plane trip will probably be around Christmas and New Years, which is when we are planning to go to Utah to see the family again. And I am so grateful that Abby is such a good flyer! When she sits on my lap she gets fussy or bored pretty quickly, but if I have a toy or two that seems to keep her occupied. But before each flight I always go to the gate counter to ask if there are any empty seats. If there are, usually the flight attendant moves me so that I'm sitting next to an empty seat, and that way I can put Abby there in her car seat, and that's a DREAM!! She usually sleeps the entire flight if she's in her car seat and I LOVE it.

No comments: