Sunday, August 16, 2009

One fish, two fish

Last week Garrett and I met up with his family in Atlanta to go to the Aquarium. It's the world's largest aquarium and rightly so - I think the whole world was there (we went on a Saturday).

It was a long day - we were out the door by 8:30 because we were scheduled to meet up with everyone at 11 outside the Aquarium. Everyone was there on time (despite our little accident in the parking garage when Garrett rear-ended someone!) and we were ready to roll! Even Ellie was excited.

We had a great time, and it was really nice to spend time with the family. Abby just loves fish, so she was in heaven. I would love to go back someday during the week when it's not so crowded.

Here are some pictures of the day. Garrett hasn't had time to photoshop any of them so you're seeing the real deal!
I loved the jellyfish

We got to tour the Titanic. Don't I look like Kate Winslet???

Tunnel o' fish (more like sardines, the way we were PACKED in there!)

This shark swam right over us!

I think sting ray faces are weird


This was my favorite part - a HUGE wall of fish! I sat in the back of the auditorium and nursed Ellie and listen to the music - it was so relaxing! Also, all day I had been looking around for double strollers (I'm on the market for one), and here I saw a lady pushing a 5-seater stroller! And I thought my single stroller was big...



When Abby saw this face she pointed to it and said, "Jackie!" Classic.

It was a long, wonderful day.

Ellie and Jackie. Clearly, Jackie looks nothing like that creepy face.

6 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Sorry about the rear ending...oh, I don't think I was supposed to read that since you clearly marked it out.

You look better than Kate Winslett!

What a great, albeit crowded, day! I should take my kids sometime.

sos said...

Great pictures - Abby looks exhausted and warm but it looks like she had a great time.

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

We LOVE the GA. Aquarium!!!! Unfortunatly everytime we've been it has been way crowded! Justin HATES large crowds! We are going to have to hear the story in person about the accident. That really SUCKS! Glad that you guys are doing well.

John Butler said...

AW I love your pictures! You look just like Kate, I promise. I want to see more pics of Ellie! And those jellyfish pictures are amazing- I can't believe those are living things! They look totally fake.

Emma and John said...

ha, like john would ever say that stuff. It was me :)

SueW said...

you didn't tell US about the rear ending thing...bummper I mean bummer :) Hope it was not too serious loved the day and love you guys mom