Thursday, September 10, 2009

Addendum

I feel like I need to say how much I am loving Garrett's fourth year of medical school.

The thing that got me through third year was looking forward to fourth year... and it has proven to be everything I expected! Ellie was born during Garrett's week long summer break, so Garrett was able to be home with me during that time. Then, his first (July) rotation was doing radiology research, and he would be home most days by 10:00 a.m.! Sure, he brought a lot of work home, but he was around and able to help me out, which was such a blessing. Then, he had all of August "off", which gave him time to study for his Step 2 Boards. Again, it was wonderful for me that he had a flexible enough schedule that I could rely on him to be around when I really needed him to be. September has been nice too - it's pretty much 8-5. Love it!

Garrett also has all of December "off" so that he can travel to his interviews, and then he will be technically done with school in March (he's taking April off as well... he could choose any 3 months to take off and he chose August, Dec, and April). My imagination is already running wild with what I want to do during those 3 months off (April, May, June) before he starts residency next July. Of course, we'll most likely be moving, but still... we ARE going on vacation, JUST THE TWO OF US! For one whole week. Garrett, consider yourself notified. I don't care what it takes, but it's happening.

In my last post, I was trying to get the point across that life just never seems to slow down. There is always something on the horizon - things to be worried about, things to look forward to, things that are stressful, things that are unknown and exciting. It just never ends! But without all those things, life would be pretty boring, I think.

1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

I love that you notified him. I know he will be looking forward to getting away with you.