Mischievous
Hungry
Happy
Yes, she does have a bottom lip!
Ellie LOVES to suck on her bottom lip, and we love it--of course.
Ellie had her 6 month appointment a few weeks ago (she was about 6.5 months old). She weighed in at a whopping 13.5 lbs - tiny like her big sister always was, too. Fortunately, the doctors were not concerned and she seems to be doing well.
Ellie is certainly taking her time hitting the traditional baby milestones. She has barely started sitting up on her own, and shows no interest in crawling. That's most likely partially my fault since I don't push her to do it. I enjoy a non-mobile baby! I am interested to see if we will have to do much baby-proofing when she does start to crawl. Abby never got into anything that I told her not to, but Ellie is already so different that I can't imagine being that lucky twice in a row!
Ellie's daytime naps aren't too scheduled, but at night she sleeps from 8pm until around 7:30-8am, which is pretty much the best thing any mom can ask for! She sleeps in a crib in the office - for now the girls are in separate bedrooms but I'm planning to have them share a room when we move.
Ellie was a big challenge for us during her first couple of months. She was very fussy and didn't eat very well. She had "failure to thrive" and needed frequent trips to the doctor's office. Things have turned around, though, and she's become a good baby. She loves to sit in her jumper (hanging from a beam in the living room) and bounce up and down as she watches Abby run around the house. Abby loves her little sister and I'm excited for the time to come when they can really play together.
Ellie has started eating solid foods and loves them all! She loves to eat, just like her mama.
We love Ellie so much and she has taught me a lot. She has already challenged me as a mother in ways that Abby never has. Sometimes it's tough, but I appreciate that she is making me grow as a person, and keeping me busy!







6 comments:
I love the pictures...and getting to see her bottom lip.
She sleeps like a champ at night!!
Awww she is so cute. I love her smile and her chubby cheeks. Can't wait to see her in April!
I love these shots of her. SO CUTE!!! I'm glad she's doing well now and sleeping so well. nice job, hannah! give yourself some credit for that one! :)
WHAT?!?! I can't believe she is only thirteen pounds!! I'm pretty sure my kids weigh that by eight weeks. I am so sad that I haven't met her yet. I can't wait until April and she will be all mine!!
aww that baby is adorable!! =)
best of wishes...
I bless you. Happy birth day for every day!
Post a Comment