Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Latest project

I've started quilting again.  This one is definitely a keeper... I love it!

I am using the "Vintage Modern" fabric line by Bonnie & Camille.  It's a gorgeous line with grays, reds, pinks, aquas, and some green and blue.
 

I bought a quilt pattern (also by Bonnie & Camille) called "Fireworks".  As soon as I saw a picture of it online I knew I had to make it.  The pattern was emailed to me and I got started right away!  Here's Ellie helping me cut the fabric... she was playing with the "crusts":

First block finished:

More blocks... I really love the houndstooth fabrics.

10 blocks done, six more to go!  The quilt pattern makes a square quilt that is 4 blocks x 4 blocks, but it would be easy to make more blocks to make it larger if I wanted.  I don't think I'll need to, though... this will be a nice size of 64" squared.  We'll see, though.  A bunch of people have asked me what it's for and I have told them, it's for ME!  That's right, this is my snuggling quilt.

But I sure am tempted to make it a twin sized quilt, make two more, and then give one to each of the girls. How cute would these be on thier beds?!?  But ask me again when I'm hand-quilting it... I really love quilting on my machine but my basic little Brother machine isn't big enough to handle something this size and I certainly don't want to pay over $100 to send it out to have it done somewhere else.  So, that'll be my next big project, but that's okay because I never mind working with fabrics this beautiful.

4 comments:

Chelsie! said...

Oh my goodness Hannah... this is so gorgeous! I seriously admire your precision, all of my blocks end up being different sizes and shapes. And yes, we do need quilts that our just for us (even though I end up wanting to keep every single one that I make...)! You're amazing.

Mudd said...

What a fun pattern! I love those blocks. I have seen those same fabric sets and never would have picked one up off the shelf, but they look so good all together... what good taste (and talent) you have!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous!!

BWei said...

Love these colors and patterns! Awesome.