The girls were playing school a few weeks ago. "I hate homework!", says Ellie. Haha.
Out for a walk
I made myself a little needlebook:
Ellie, emailing Grandpa:
There is a wonderful season here in our city called "Lovebug season" (I just made up that name but it's a real thing). It lasts for about 2 weeks and it happens once in the Fall and once in the Spring. The lovebugs come out and it's SO disgusting. Sometimes you have to wave your arms around as you walk so they don't fly into your face and your mouth. They cover your car, they come in your house, they are everywhere. So gross. They seem especially bad at the pool, which is where this picture was taken:
Me & Tinkerbell
One night, Ellie disappeared into the bathroom for a while and I heard the water running for a long time. I finally told her to come out and she did, her hair wet and slicked back. "I was doing science," she said. Haha.
Some days when we are leaving for school, Ellie goes out and stands in front of the garage door and waits for me to take her picture, as if it's the first day of school again. I think she genuinely thinks I need to take her picture every day before school, since I did it the first two days of school.
Another breakfast that Garrett brought home after work... it was game day in The Swamp!
Ellie's backpack was full of big crunchy brown leaves one day after school. I guess they went on a nature walk at school and she somehow smuggled most of her leaves home.
Another "before school" shot:
The playground at Ellie's school has sand... which is the bane of my existence! Every day she comes home covered in sand. I asked her about it and she said that she tells her friends to bury her in the sand during recess, so that she can be a mermaid. So, I'm guessing they bury her from the waist down so she can make it into a tail. What a mess! She loves it though.
One of the workouts we did last week at the park. 10 moves, 10 rounds. Really hard!
Olivia:
Now this is what I call a great dinner:

No comments:
Post a Comment