9. Attend a reunion with our dinner group friends from med school
Sadly, I just don't see this happening in the next 6 months! Garrett works every other weekend for the next 5 months and he has boards coming up, so.... unlikely. But, we have gotten together with Rob and Haley several times, plus Garrett stayed with some other dinner group friends when he had a fellowship interview in North Carolina. I'm going to have to count that!
15. Run a race or attend an event that benefits Parkinson's disease
I haven't been able to find any local races or benefits, but in October I read about an app that donates money to Parkinson's research, based on how many miles you run, walk, or bike. Basically, it's an app for your phone and it was donating $1 for each mile, and it even donated $3 during one weekend. I was sure to go on some extra walks (and a run or two) during that time. I'm going to have to count that!
59. Give up sugary treats and snacks for 2 weeks straight
I just finished up a "healthy eating challenge" in October. We were allowed to eat 2 desserts per week, but I usually skipped them because it was easier for me. I find that if I give in to a craving, the cravings come back so much stronger later on (a few hours later, or the next day). It's easier just to not give in.
Upcoming:
5. Take the girls to Disney World
We are planning to go in January or February!
6. Updated family picture (with Olivia), hang it up somewhere
Now that we are finally all living under one roof, and Garrett is working normal hours, hopefully we can take a picture soon! Maybe over Thanksgiving.
95. Meet with a financial planner
I have contacted the people we want to use and I am in the process of setting up an appointment. Hoping to get in before Thanksgiving.
Soon to come: a blog post about things I'm not going to be able to finish by the time 1001 days is up. Either because I've run out of time, or because it's just not important anymore.
Friday, November 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment