Olivia, waiting for Abbie to get home from school:
My helpers at Trader Joe's... Ellie was pretending to be a statue
I was trying to clean my floors and Olivia kept walking behind me... aren't those the cutest little footprints?
I decided to make a heart quilt for Valentine's Day, and here's the top. I don't have many Valentine's decorations so I thought this would be a fun thing to have. However, when I posted it on my quilting Instagram account, there was a lot of interest and I ended up selling this one and getting a custom order for another one! Guess I'll have to make a third if I want to keep one! Maybe for next year....
Playing around is so much more fun than going to sleep!
Yummy doughnuts with chocolate!
We have had an abundance of leaves in our yard lately! Garrett finally did a big clean-up a few weeks ago, and another one last week. Hopefully we are nearly done! Last week (the second major clean-up) we filled over 25 bags of leaves! It's pretty insane (and annoying!). But I have to admit, sometimes it's nice to get out and do some manual labor, especially in gorgeous Florida winter weather.
This is Olivia's reaction when Daddy leaves to go for a run. Poor little daddy's girl.
A successfully dirty day at the park!
Ellie wanted a braid just like Elsa's:
Someone found the chocolate chips:
Sharing Daddy's ice cream:
Garrett brought home balloons for the girls for Valentine's Day:
Another park day! We go pretty much every afternoon for at least a couple hours. In fact, we've gotten to the point where, if we are there for less than at least 90 minutes, my kids can't believe we are leaving "so early!! We just got here!!" Our longest day yet was a couple Saturdays ago when a bunch of the husbands were working. My friends and I went to one playground for about 3 hours in the morning, then met up again later at another park for around 4 hours. It was glorious. Both playgrounds are within a mile of our house and each has its own perks.
Ellie, reading outside:
I'm realizing that I really need to break out my camera more when Abbie is home! It seems like most of my pictures are taken when she is at school or off playing in the fields at the playground. Olivia is always by me, so she's definitely in the majority of the pictures. Ellie's also around more.
All in all, it's been a wonderful winter, full of playgrounds and friends. I admit, I'm dreading summer a bit. The pool is so much more work and a lot more stressful than the playground, but it's one of our only outdoor options during May-Sept. But, it's our last Florida summer so we will make the best of it!

1 comment:
Great pictures - love all of you!
Post a Comment