I typed up a whole post about the quilts I'm making and my progress that I've made with my little quilting "business", but I deleted it. I feel really uncomfortable sharing pictures of my quilts here on the blog. I don't want them to be "pinned" to pinterest and then a ton of people finding my personal blog.
If you'd like to see my quilts, you can follow me on Instagram @riseandshinequilts . If you don't have a smartphone, you can also see my posts here: http://instagram.com/riseandshinequilts
I've been really happy with how things are going. I don't want to get too "big", because I don't want it to take up too much of my time. Ideally, I'd love to make 1 quilt per week or so.
Anyway, it's been very rewarding so far and I'm just loving it! Instagram has definitely changed the quilting world, I feel like. I could never have gotten this kind of exposure on Etsy. I get mostly custom orders, and it has been fun to challenge myself and to make other people happy by making their ideas come to life. I'm also in the middle of a "collaboration" with another "small" business and that has been a huge boost for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment