We took a "one last hurrah" trip to Disney the weekend before school started. 3 of my friends and I took our kids down to Orlando (16 of us total!) and went to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We all stayed together in a 2-bedroom condo, which was huge and worked out really well, but it was a pretty crazy 2 days!
The girls loved the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" play area. Unfortunately, they hadn't seen the movie when we went so they couldn't fully appreciate what it was. I did just have them watch it a couple days ago... have you seen that movie lately? It's on Netflix. I hadn't seen it in probably 20 years.... Classic.
Here's our whole group waiting for the "Frozen" parade to start!
I took the girls on "Tower of Terror". In my defense... I had never been on it, so I couldn't exactly warn them about how scary it might be. I mean, of course I knew it would be scary (heck, I was a little nervous!), but I didn't really know too many details. Also, all their friends had been on it and loved it, so I knew it couldn't be THAT bad. Well.... yes they were both sobbing at the end, but within 5 minutes of that bottom picture being taken, Ellie was already saying she wanted to go on it again "when we come back with Daddy someday". I'm not sure if she really will or not, but we'll see!
Hollywood Studios has a really fun "Frozen" program going on right now. There was Frozen stuff everywhere! There was a place to go ice skating, play in snow, the parade was Frozen-themed, etc. The girls were in heaven. Probably the most fun thing we did at Hollywood was go to the "Frozen Singalong". It was in a big auditorium and Anna and Elsa were there, and other people on the stage telling the "Frozen" story, and then when it got to be the song parts, they would blast the music and everyone would sing along. It sounds cheesy but it was SO much fun, even I had a great time. By the end of "Let it Go", there was "snow" coming down from the ceiling, and purple and blue lights flashing everywhere, and Elsa was there.... it was so neat. Disney does such a great job making things magical!
Olivia is a great little traveler:
Meeting Mickey:
Abbie and her friend Addy giving Mickey a hug:
Abbie and Jack waiting for the Epcot fireworks to start:
And... after two days of chaos, I needed this baby (Diet Coke) to get me home. I know I "gave up" soda last year, but I do drink it maybe a couple times a year when I need it. Ha!

1 comment:
How fun - the girls sure enjoy DisneyWorld. Great pictures!
Post a Comment