Our Disney passes ran out in February (sniff sniff), so we took the kids out of school a couple times to do some last minute trips, one to each of the parks. We had just done Animal Kingdom in December (after our girls' trip), so we hit up Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom on a random Tues and Weds in January:
Olivia was not thrilled to meet Pluto:
Waiting in line for the Toy Story ride:
Meeting a toy soldier in the "Pixar" area of the park:
I really didn't get many pics of Hollywood Studios, but we hit up all the favorites (Rock'n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, the Beauty and the Beast show, a stunt show, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, the Muppet Show (or, as Olivia calls it, the Muffin Show)). We also stayed late and saw the "Fantasmic" light show, which was awesome.
We stayed in a hotel that night so that we could go to Magic Kingdom the next day, During breakfast at the hotel, Olivia kept saying "This is so fancy!!"
Magic Kingdom was a DREAM the next day! We usually plan our days at Disney around the crowd calendar, and this day it was a "2" out of "10". Amazing. We did EVERYTHING, some things twice. My favorite kind of day at Disney.
The girls had the playground to themselves:
On the Winnie-the-Pooh ride:
Teacups:
Dumbo!
Meeting the Incredibles:
And Buzz:
Dinnertime:
All 5 of us on Dumbo!
The next Wednesday (a week later), we went back down for a day at Epcot.
I tried out a ride that I hadn't done before - "Mission: Space". Basically, you side in these chairs in a big circle and you have your own individual screen in front of you (and 3D glasses? I can't remember), and it's like you are taking a trip to Mars. However, the circle you are sitting in... it spins. Really, really fast, so it feels like you are going into space. It was awful, I hated it so much! I guess I should have taken them more seriously in line when there were multiple signs that advised NOT to ride if you do not like lots of movement or if you are AT ALL prone to motion sickness (I'm usually not). I also should have gotten a clue when there were barf bags next to each chair. Ugh! Abbie wanted to go on it again right away but I told her "never again - sorry!".
Epcot has a Coke tasting spot (similar to Coke World in Atlanta but on a much smaller scale). The girls loved all the sweet sodas from South America.
However, Abbie was not a fan of the drink called "Beverly", which was from Italy. I don't blame her... I tried that a few years ago at Coke World and it was traumatizing! It tastes like ground-up aspirin in carbonated water. So gross.
Ellie insisted that I take a picture of her in front of these flowers:
The girls in "Norway":
In front of a fun "little town" display. It was full of cute little buildings with toy trains and trolleys running through it. I think this was in Germany?
We had dinner in Mexico and headed home early-ish, since it was a school night.
I'm so grateful for all the wonderful memories we made this last year at Disney. I wish so much that more family members and friends had been able to come down and go with us, but thankfully we had our girls' trip in December. (Disney is SO expensive for non-Florida residents, so it's understandable.) I will admit, I did entertain the idea of renewing our season passes so that we can continue to go until we move (it was $50 off each ticket to renew!), but we decided that there are enough other things in Florida that we want to do before we move, we should focus on those (and, let's be honest, Garrett never entertained that idea to renew, haha. He loved Disney, but not on the same level as we did.).

1 comment:
Great memories...glad I was able to make some with you and the girls in December. How much fun!!
Post a Comment