Olivia likes to perch herself on random Costco shelves and ask me to take her picture... Costco is a weekly grocery trip around here (probably to Garrett's dismay... I can't get out of there without at least a few splurges, which are at least $10 each generally). Although, this morning I only spent $22 there, I wonder if my credit card company will call me to ask if I'm okay or if maybe I had a heart attack right after I started checking out and had to leave early... ?
On Monday, Tues, Weds, and Fri mornings at 5:30, you will find me at the gym. We found an athletic club that we LOVE and, for various reasons, I'm there about 10x a week (yes really). I started taking a body pump class, which is why I'm there so early on MWF, and on Tuesday mornings I take a spin class at 5:30. Besides those 4 classes I take, the girls have spin class (Abbie), running class (Ellie), dodgeball (A & E), and boot camp (A & E). Olivia also has a yoga class 1-2x a week, depending on how many times we feel like showing up. All these classes are just show up - no extra money, just included in the kids' $10/month membership fee. It's so great. I knew we would need something to get us through the winter, and I didn't want to do dance. This is perfect because there's a variety, and we can show up (or not) whenever we want to. I usually just do the elliptical when the girls are in their classes, or I try to find a class that sounds interesting (so far I've started doing body step during their boot camp class, but I'm hoping to try out some new classes soon). Seriously, there are SOO many classes there. For example, today there are 51 classes to choose from, starting at 5 a.m. and going through 7:30pm. Les Mils classes, yoga classes, pilates, booty barre, zoomba, TRX, weight training, different variations of spin classes (the one I take incorporates upper body weights for parts of it). I LOVE it. Did I mention that yet? I'm already sad that I will have to leave it behind when we move.
Abbie getting ready for her spin class:
Most of the pictures in my phone are of Olivia because she's with me all day! I love spending my days with this little girl. She's so awesome.
It started getting chilly at the bus stop in the mornings!
More evenings around the fire pit - this time roasting marshmallows. This must have been a while ago since it's still light out
Fall started creeping in! October was beautiful!! Fall was VERY mild here this year, everyone kept talking about it. So, it's been perfect for us Florida folks! Ha.
Olivia wanted to take a picture with Daddy before he left for a job interview. After taking this, I remembered that I have a picture almost exactly like this from when Garrett was about to leave for a fellowship interview 2 years ago. This interview pictured was from when we went to Texas. Before he left, Olivia said "Dad, I wish I could turn into a lip gloss and go in your pocket, and then fly down to Texas with you. Then I would turn into Olivia and I could play with JB [cousin]." (for the record: a job contract has been signed as of 2 days ago, but no it's not TX. I will have to do a post about that soon).
I took a bunch of trips to various consignment shops looking for winter gear for the girls. I'm not too concerned about getting anything super nice since we will only be here for 1 winter, but I do want something warm. Here is Ellie trying on some snow pants. As I was helping her put them on, she was SO confused. "What ARE these??? What am I, a FARMER??" Hahaha.
Abbie, right before her book club meeting at the nearby public library. They meet once a month and they get fed dinner. You guys.... Madison is awesome.
Hanging out in the back yard:
Back when we first started going to the gym, I took an afternoon spin class while the girls were in their dodgeball "class". Garrett joined me one afternoon! It was really fun (he usually goes to the gym after the girls go to bed). I since switched to the 5:30am spin class because I like that instructor more (and I like the incorporation of the upper body weights).
Olivia at Costco. I love all the huge, random things they have there. Seriously.. who buys these?!
Like I said... Fall was very mild here! We live at the end of a dead end street, but at the end of our road there's a gate that can be opened for big trucks or whatever. It opens up to a big parking lot of a church that's on a more major road. The girls like to ride their bikes in the parking lot.
Family pic:
The American Girl factory is just 10 minutes from our house! I took Olivia there one morning on our way to Costco. Sadly they don't do tours or anything, but their lobby is awesome and we hung out in there for a while! I still need to take the older girls one of these days.
Girls' night to see Wicked downtown. It was good. To be honest, I'm not so the girls (or I, for that matter) appreciated it fully because we weren't very familiar with the songs or the story line. It was kind of a last minute decision to go, so we didn't have time to really listen ahead of time and get to know the songs. I think we all would have enjoyed it more if it was more familiar. It was fun though. A really late night, though! (and a school night)
More fall leaves!! I love Fall.
Olivia and I got to go on a field trip with Abbie to a pumpkin patch and corn maze. It was a REALLY chilly day but it was fun! (I know you are probably wondering what I think "really chilly" means... haha. It was probably in the high 40s, but it was WINDY and overcast and wet -- not raining but almost. So yes I think it was legitimately cold, the other moms were cold too. We have had clear, sunny days in the high 30s that were much more enjoyable to be outside in... I'm not a total wimp)
We found all 10 check points in the corn maze! This was my first corn maze too, and it was a lot of fun! Abbie is holding a picture of the map... it was really hard!
Hula hooping at the school Halloween dance.
Even colder mornings at the bus stop! That wind really is a killer some days.
Garrett had an interview where he would be staying with some family, so I loaded him up with some Wisconsin cheese to take to them! I love trying all the different varieties. We have since bought the morel & leek cheese 3 more times... it's so good! And if you are wondering if you can get through security smoothly with 4 blocks of cheese in your backpack... no you cannot. Haha. I'm sure Garrett was cursing me the whole time.
More Fall leaves.... I really can't get enough.
A morning at the park with Olivia. This was in November!! Like I said, overall it's been a VERY mild Fall and early winter (two days ago -- Dec 12 -- it was 59 degrees out).
More huge stuff at Costco. I feel like I see at least one person buy a bear every time I'm there!! It's crazy!
Someone ordered two custom twin sized quilts.... that has kept me pretty busy over the last several weeks.
Haha.... yep it's getting colder. Some mornings really are bitter. Brrr!
I promise I will be better at blogging more. I really don't want to forget this year here.

No comments:
Post a Comment