In early January, it snowed here in eastern Tennessee.
Why did I even bother taking this picture, you ask? Well, I got a text from the school district saying that school was letting out early that day. You know, because of the snow.
I totally understand when cities - especially here in the South - need to shut down, even for a small amount of snow that may seem inconsequential for this New England girl. I get it. Cities aren't equipped for that, plus it just makes people nervous and they don't drive well in it. Fine. But this?? This is crazy.
Thankfully, we did get more snow, late that night (it was a Friday night). We woke up on Saturday to a good 4 inches. Most of the city was shut down and we enjoyed just hanging out at home and being cozy in the house with nowhere to go. The kids played outside a couple times, too.
It didn't snow again that weekend, but regardless I still woke up on Monday morning to a text on my phone saying that school was cancelled that day. The roads around us were certainly clear, but I think that there were still a few roads in the outer parts of the city that may have still had some snow on them, and busses may have had a hard time getting to them. I don't know, that's just my guess. So we had another fun day at home together. Garrett had the day off which was nice (post call - he had just finished up working a week of nights). Thankfully the school district has built-in make up days, so instead of having a random day off on Feb 3, they had school. Nice to make it up now instead of at the end of the year, I guess.
Monday, February 6, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment