Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Hannah, Dad, Mike

I found this last week in the bottom drawer of our filing cabinet. I wrote it when I was in first grade.

In case you can't read it: "My Dad's name is Chris. He has brown hair. He lets us drive on our stop 'cuz it is not busy. There are only two or four cars go by. He is nice. When I am done with a piano book he takes me to Toys R Us to get a toy. Dad I love you so much. My Dad is 36. He beeps the horn in the car at houses just in case I know them. But I don't."

Aaah yes, the horn-honking. If there was anything Dad knew how to do, it was how to embarrass his children (purposely, of course). I don't remember him doing it this early on (apparently he did, though!), but I do remember middle school. We went to the private school and there were no buses, so Dad drove us to school 3 days a week. It was the WORST. When we got about half a mile from the school, Dad would roll down his window and start honking his horn, and he would yell, "Here come the Siebach kids! The Siebach kids are coming!" He'd do it all the way through the parking lot, then he would honk the whole way driving out. I remember as we were driving in the parking lot, we'd be yelling for him to please, please stop, and sometimes I would even almost cry. It was SO embarrassing. Clearly, I forgave him though.
And I can't forget to mention what a great dad Garrett is. One of my greatest joys is seeing how much Abby loves her Daddy. Garrett plays with her every chance he gets, and it's just so cute to see how her face lights up when Daddy comes home.

She's definitely a Daddy's girl.

7 comments:

Abs said...

You were a cute baby! You even had your high cheek bones, what a babe!

Emma and John said...

that was so nice - what a cute report on dad! Those drives to school were some of the worst times of my high school life.

Court said...

You forgot to mention "breakfast in the nude" and so many other classic Chris Siebach stories. But I guess somethings are just too special to share.

Lauren in GA said...

That was so cute! I love how you scanned your first grade writing! It is hilarious how your dad liked to embarass you.

I love the pictures of Abby and Garrett.

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

I loved this post, very tender. Your dad sounds hilarious! :) I love the pics. of Garrett and Abbey precious! :) Dad's are wonderful!

average joe said...

Hannah,

The picture of you, Chris, and Mike is exceptional. Chris looks just as I remember him.

I was good friends with your parents in Nebraska - your father and I were in the Air Force at Offutt Air Force Base together and attended the local LDS church together.

Ran across your blog in my efforts to touch base with your parents - its been close to 20 years since we last spoke. Would very much like to reestablish contact with them.

Sincerely,

Brian Williams

Hannah said...

Brian-
Leave me your email address - I will gladly pass it on to my parents. They remember you well.

Hannah