Monday, December 29, 2008

About Abby...

I know the grandparents have been anticipating an "Abby" post for a while, so here you go!


Abby LOVES the moon. Every night she says, "wanna see the moon?", which is her way of telling us she wants to go look for it. When she does see it, she gasps loudly and points and says "MOON!" very excitedly. Also, whenever Garrett or I are on the computer, she sits next to us and asks to see the moon, so we have to do a google image search for the moon so she can see pictures.

One time a few months ago we were at a friend's house and Abby was eating Nilla Wafers. She took a bite out of one, then took a close look at the remaining cookie and noticed that it was a crescent shape. "MOON!" she said excitedly.

She loves baby dolls and is obsessed with pushing them around in her new doll stroller from Santa.

Abby LOVES shoes! She is always putting on my flip flops, heels, sneakers, anything she can find, and walks around in them.

She tries to say full sentences, but it's all jibberish until she says the last word. "Blah blah blah lalalalal play?" "Blah blah blah lalalala shoes?" "Blah blah blah blah friends?"

Abby likes to play. Every time I pick her up to take a nap or go to bed, she whines, "Play? Play? I wanna play!"

She's very social. She knows the names of all her friends and is always asking to go see them. "Friends? Friends? Play? Go see friends?"

She can count to ten, and can also count objects (up to 10).

Favorite foods: chicken nuggets, apples, olives, grapes, CHEESE

Abby loves to draw with crayons or pens. Every time she finds paper to draw on, she first brings it to us and says, "Abby? Abby?" and won't be satisfied until we write her name on the paper.

She likes to see her cousin Chris on the webcam. "See Fris? See Fris?" (we're working on the hard 'C' sound)

She tries to manipulate her way down from the kitchen table, or from the shopping cart. She'll say she wants a hug ("Huck...huck..."), and then when we pick her up to hug her, she'll try to wiggle down out of our arms so she can go play. She is NOT happy when we put her back where she was!

Abby refuses to chew soup. I don't know what it is, but every time I give her soup, whether it be chicken noodle, spaghetti-o's, or vegetable beef, she just puts scoops of it in her mouth and swallows it right down. So, I usually feed it to her myself and before every bite I say "Chew it up!" and I chomp my teeth up and down to show her what I mean. So, I give her the bite, she swallows it, and then once her mouth is empty she chomps her teeth up and down to mimic me.

"Time out" has proven to be pretty effective with her. We just put her in the corner of the room and ignore her for about 1 minute, then go back and tell her to say sorry. Sometimes she's VERY stubborn and won't say it, so she stays in time out until she does. In some instances I've had to go up to her 5 times before she said she was sorry.

I can't believe our baby is almost two years old! Time flies when you're having fun!


2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

So fun to hear about your sweet Abby! I love her, "Huck" tactic to get down out of the shopping cart. She is smart and beautiful!

Ashley said...

Cute post! I had Spence in my lap while I was reading it, and when I clicked on one of the pictures of Abby to enlarge it, Spencer gasped. It was pretty darling.