Sunday, March 1, 2009

Finally, an announcement

I'm sure everyone knows this by now, but we are having another baby GIRL this July!!  We are so, so excited and I can't wait to see Abby with a new baby sister.  She is so motherly towards her dolls, and I know she will have so much fun with the new one.  I'm so thrilled to have two little adorable girls - double the kids, double the fun!  Really, we couldn't be happier.  

I'm due 07/08/09 - kind of fun, but since it's so rare to actually deliver on your due date, I don't have very high hopes for that.  But it sure makes it easier for us to remember the due date!  Just don't ask me how many weeks along I am, because I have no idea.

And now for the big question.... NAMES!!

Here's what is currently my number one favorite, but I need your input.  And when I mentioned it to Garrett, he said he didn't hate it, which is really saying something!

Elle.

We'd call her Ellie.  Here's my ONLY concern, though: her name would be Elle Woodbury.  Does that name remind you of anything?  As in, a certain famous dumb blonde character from 2001?  If you don't know what I'm talking about, then GREAT, it doesn't remind you.  If you DO know what I'm talking about, tell me: is it too close? (The name is Elle Woods - I love the movie "Legally Blonde", but I don't want my kids to have names similar to "famous" people or characters).  

Input, please!!

9 comments:

Abs said...

I wouldn't have even noticed the similarity if you hadn't mentioned it. Plus, I actually liked that movie.

sos said...

I like the name; besides, the movie is 8 years old and I don't think any of her friends will notice as they grow up (unless you watch that movie every week!). (Will her middle name be Susan? I think Elle Susan has a nice ring to it, don't you?)

Shauna said...

Hannah, to be honest Legally Blonde was the first thing that came to mind, but I think it is a really cute name and I like the sound of it. It is not exactly the same and like other people have said the movie came out a while ago. Good choice.

Anonymous said...

Well I had no idea, but either way, Elle is great and Legally Blond quotes can entertain you and Garrett for years to come.

Lauren in GA said...

I love the name Elle! Hmmmmm...I bet there are people out there that will make that connection...and probably say something to you...but, I still think it is such a beautiful name. It didn't come to mind for me right away.

I love the boys name Graham...but I couldn't bring myself to name Brian, "Graham" because I feared I would put him through a lifetime of being called, "Marshmallow Graham Crackers or S'mores."

I am seriously so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Isn't "Garrett" a girl's name...?

The Dunn Family said...

I didn't think about it until you said something. I think it's a beautiful name.

Andrea said...

Brian wanted to name Gavin, "Conan Brian". Now that it an obvious "NO". I don't think that Elle Woodbury would be a big deal. I think that it is really cute.

Kate said...

okay...so the name is cute. my only concern is that since Legally Blonde has gone Broadway..it will be sticking around for quite a while and Elle Woods was the very first thought I had. And i mean...Phantom of the Opera came out a long time ago but I would still not want my daughter named Christine Diaa [may have spelled that wrong]just because...but that's just my opinion. and, i feel naming her Modey would be perfect. :]