Thursday, December 17, 2009

Conversation

Today I called Garrett while he was on the road to another interview, somewhere in the midwest... I had some news that I just couldn't wait to share with him!  Here's how it went: (it's hard to really convey my husband's sarcastic humor, but if you know Garrett.........)

Me: Garrett, guess who is coming to the James Brown Arena in May!!
Garrett: uhh... Pioneer Woman?
Me: No, guess again.
Garrett: uhhhh
Me: Carrie Underwood!!!
Garrett: sick!
Me: We HAVE to go, I love her!
Garrett: No we don't, you aren't dragging me to that.  It's too expensive anyway.
Me: Actually, it's only like $30.  It can be for my birthday!
Garrett: $30?? You want to sit up in the nosebleed section and pay $30??  You won't even be able to see her.
Me: Um, we sat near the back of the arena when we saw Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, and it wasn't bad at all!
Garrett: I hated that concert.
Me (ignoring his last comment): Anyway... the only problem is, it's on a Sunday.  So we can't go to the one here.  We can go to the concert the night before, in Columbia. [only an hour away]
Garrett:  She has a concert the night before in Columbia?? That means it's a horrible concert.
Me: .....????
Garrett: Any concert that is two days in a row is a bad concert.  You shouldn't be able to take down the set, drive it to another venue, and set it up again for a concert the next night.   That means it's lame. It's a bad concert.
(I'm so confused I don't know what to say for a minute)
Me: You are such a cynic.
Garrett: I'm a realist.

So anyway.... Carrie Underwood is coming in May!  Who's in, ladies???

7 comments:

Abs said...

Please, do you even have to ask?

Shauna said...

If I lived closer, I would totally be in. I love her!

Lauren in GA said...

I want more pictures of you and Abs in your hot cowgirl hats.

Aleasha said...

i'm there. PLEASE!

Jenna Furch said...

I have been to 2 of Carrie's concerts and they are SOOO great! Really! Worth every penny. Wish I could go with you!

dbavandy said...

I agree with Garret 100%. All of these "tweeny-bopper" concerts are the same. We need real concerts in Augusta ... like Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow.

dbavandy said...

FYI ... dbavandy = Davin