Thursday, February 4, 2010

Could have...

After three long months, Garrett's residency interviews are FINALLY over!

Every time I pushed the "purchase" button as I arranged Garrett's travel itineraries (plane tickets! hotels! rental cars! insurance! gas!), my heart sunk a little bit.

Here is a list of different things I could have done with the money Garrett spent on his residency interviews:

1. Bought a used car (Garrett's has just about reached the end)
2. Bought a new bed (cream colored, upholstered) (our current bed is just on the mattress frame)
3. Bathroom remodel
4. Bought my dream double stroller (lame I know, that I have a dream stroller)
5. Gotten granite counter tops
6. Bought my dream dining room table (square, 6-8 chairs, regular height NOT bar height)
7. Bought my dream sewing machine (Janome 6500p)
8. Gone on a Mediterranean cruise (my dream vacation)
9. Could have eaten a LOT of sushi and lobster
10. New clothes
11. New living room furniture (a couch and some upholstered chairs).  (Or get our current L-shaped couch re-covered)
12. Could have gotten my hair highlighted regularly (I would LOVE to be blond but it's too expensive to keep up, and I've had bad experiences with box hair colors, so I don't do those)
13. Could have visited my family (in Utah, or in PA, or both)
14. Bought a baby grand piano
15. Could have bought a LOT of food storage, 72-hour kit stuff, a pressure cooker, etc)
16. Could have put wood floors down in the house
17. Could have bought lots of nice quilting fabric, batting, etc.

::Sigh::

Ok... pity party over.  Moving on. :)  I'm just SO glad that Garrett's travels are behind him, and I know he is, too.  It was very stressful for him and he can finally relax and be home for more than a week at a time!

4 comments:

Aleasha said...

Hopefully you couldnt have bought all of that, right? Anyway, I am having my friend Amy over in a couple of days (hopefully) to do my hair. She is really good and is really reasonably priced. Call me if you are interested.

Lauren in GA said...

Whoa...that is a lot of money that you had to spend on travel.

Glad that stress is over. ☺

Emma and John said...

don't worry, you are about to be a rich doctor's wife.

Michelle said...

ooooh ohhh when do you find out where you matched?? :)
ps there are many of wives who would have justified purchasing those things and going into serious debt. good girl, H.