Saturday, February 20, 2010

The first step...

.... is admitting you have a problem.

Although, I don't think this is a problem- My name is Hannah, and I am addicted to the Olympics.

Every night lately, you can find me sitting on my couch watching the games unfold.  I love how every night is a mixed bag of events - jumping from speed skating, to skiing, to luge, to bobsled... it's very exciting!

I love the back stories, the interviews, the inspiring commercials narrated by Morgan Freeman.  My eyes fill with tears when the National Anthem is played, and I just love watching the athletes' reactions to winning medals.  I also love chatting online with my brother in New Hampshire while we both watch.  We can simultaneously cheer on our favorite athletes.

I will admit that I was cheering for China to win the couples' skating last Sunday/Monday nights.  After the short program on Sunday, USA was too far behind to win, and the back story of the Chinese couple was very inspiring.  I asked Garrett, "Is it ok that I kind of want the Chinese couple to win?"  Surprisingly, he was on the same page.  We agreed, however, that it did NOT mean that we were forgiving China for that stunt they pulled in the Summer Olympics (you know, those underage gymnasts).  (The Chinese did win gold in the couples skating, by the way)

Also, I have decided that I want to compete in the next Olympics - Russia 2014.  Which sport do you think is the most likely that I could learn and train for in the next 3.5 - 4 years?  Keep in mind that I don't know how to ice skate, I've only skied once, and I don't like being in the cold for long periods of time.  Oh, and I look horrible in spandex.  Let me know!!!!!!

6 comments:

Brenna Bee said...

curling--apparently you can do it while pregnant, so i don't know what kind of training would be necessary. and that's my kind of sport.

Emma and John said...

brandon says not the high jump.
:)
I could picture you doing...I just don't know.

Tawna said...

Definitely Archery. It doesn't require speed. That's what I'd go for, anyway. I don't like to do anything fast.

Rachelle said...

Hannah, everytime we see a good montage, we think of you!

Shelby said...

Hannah you are fabulous.

Cro Magnon said...

Olympic shivering maybe?