Monday, April 5, 2010

The Woodburys go to Washington

We took a short trip up to Washington D.C. last week to spend some time with Garrett's family.  We had a good time.  It was pretty hectic and crazy (any trip with 14 people would be), but it was great to spend time with everyone.

One day we took the Metro downtown to see the sites.  I was very excited to ride, clearly.

On the Metro - Abby really liked riding the underground train.
The closer we got downtown, the crazier the Metro got.  At one point we had to get off one train and get onto another one.  We had to split up since only a couple people could cram in each time.  It was insane!

Walking downtown - we walked a lot that day.  I loved it.
We went to the Air and Space Museum.  Fun, but very crowded.  I would love to go back sometime next year when it's quieter so we can actually see the exhibits.

Relaxing at the WWII monument.

Washington Monument
On Friday morning Garrett and I took the girls to downtown Bethesda for lunch at Potbelly's (a sandwich shop).  It was really fun and I really liked Bethesda - the downtown was very walking-friendly and Garrett and I agreed that it would be a fun place to live, for a while (in the end, we both really love smaller towns).  After lunch we went to the Temple and walked around for a bit, and went to the visitor's center.  Abby loved it.
How cute is this girl??  She was great on the trip.


By the end of the trip we were all exhausted.  It was quite a whirlwind but we survived!  I am excited that we will be living close to D.C. next year - hopefully we'll have a couple chances to return and experience the city.

8 comments:

Emma and John said...

aww what great pictures! I can't wait to go out there. And I'm so excited to see you guys this week!!

mary said...

Sounds like fun. We loved being close to D.C-there is SO much to do. But we do prefer smaller towns too! The pictures are sgreat, and the temple is so gorgeous!!!!

Jon and Molly Knight said...

I will have to come visit you when you guys live close! I've always wanted to go to D.C. I can't believe how big Ellie is! I want to pinch those chubby cheeks! See you next week!

ubichip said...

The girl in pink is really cute....
Very exciting trip you have.

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip. I LOVE all the cute pictures.

Andrea said...

How fun! We would like to visit D.C. someday!

Lauren in GA said...

I love all of these pictures, too. Look at that sweet baby girl...she looks so cute in her pink footie pajamas. I love the one of Abby sleeping in the stroller, too.

lchaston said...

Love your photos! We love D.C. -- can't get enough of it!

In your second photo of Ellie (in pink), she's wearing a Chris Siebach face . . .

Darling family, Hannah!