Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Take me home, country roads.......

For my birthday in April, my mother-in-law gave me tickets to see Carrie Underwood in concert!  Amazingly, Carrie was coming to Augusta; sadly, I couldn't go that day.  So we drove up to Columbia, SC and saw her there.

It was a lot of fun - we had great floor seats that I found online at Stubhub.com - it's a website where you can buy tickets from other people.  It was surprisingly hard to find a place online to buy tickets that I could just print up.  I was buying them just 2 days before the actual concert so I needed to get electronic tickets, and it was kind of hard to find some.  However, we found awesome seats for a great deal and it was great!



Haley and me
singing "Take Me Home, Country Roads"

It was a lot of fun - I just love loud, live music.  There was no way Garrett was going to be dragged there, so I brought my friend Haley.  Good choice, too - Garrett probably would have been miserable the whole time, thus making it not as fun for me!  So instead we just dropped him and kids off at Haley and Rob's house, and he put the kids to bed there and hung out with Rob.  Win-win.

This was probably my second favorite concert I've ever been to.  I don't think anything will ever top George Strait. :)

1 comment:

Aleasha said...

looks like it was a fantastic time. really wish i could have gone too! sure am going to miss you guys!