Monday, May 3, 2010

What do you do....

...when school is over, but you haven't graduated yet?  What do you do in the meantime?

I don't think Garrett would hesitate with his answer.....







Garrett has been spending a lot of his free time lately with 5 of his good friends who are also about to graduate.  They fish, bike ride, and hang out pretty regularly.  I'm so glad that he finally has some real down time with no deadlines or worries hanging over him.  We've had a lot of great family time, and he's also had some time for his hobbies (and I've even gotten some time to myself, too, since he can stay home with the kids!).  It's a win-win for us all.

Most of the time the guys go fishing nearby, but they don't bring fish home to eat since it's pretty sketchy water.  However, in March they took a "man trip" up to Northern Georgia and spent a few days backpacking, hiking,  fishing, and whatever else men do when they don't have us wives holding them back. :)   They lived off the fish they caught and had a great time.

I am already dreading mid-June, when he has to start his real job... but I'm so thankful for this time we have right now, and for all the hard work he's put in through school.  If anyone deserves a break, he does!

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

That is so great that he finally gets a real break. You deserve it and he deserves it, too.

It is so funny that he wants to camp and fish with his free time. I would consider that a punishment but my husband and boys love it.

Andrea said...

Break? Wow, I don't remember what that is anymore. I think that it is great that he took off and had some fun with friends. These hard working med students totally deserve it!