John Allen Butler, my newest little nephew. (I can't believe I have six - soon to be seven! - nephews!). Isn't he the sweetest little boy you've ever seen? I love the name, and I LOVE the face (those lips!). He looks exactly like Emma's other two kids did when they were first born, I can't believe it. I wish I was there to snuggle with him (it almost makes me want another one!). What a blessing he is.
I've talked to Emma pretty frequently this week as she was preparing for the birth, and I couldn't stop thinking about how amazing my little sister is. I've known it for a while, but I want to say publicly that Emma is the kindest, most patient, loving, and generous person I know. She is an incredible mom, and she loves motherhood. I was especially touched by her post that she wrote last week as she was anticipating baby #3. Having two kids is big for me, but Emma doesn't even seem to bat an eye when she says she wants lot of kids - and I believe she should have lots of kids because I can't think of a better person for a child to call "mom". She even blogged from the hospital (while she was in labor!) about the blessings of motherhood. (I don't think many women would be thinking about that between contractions!) She is beautiful inside & out. Emma and John are so generous with their time, their money, & everything else they are blessed with. Emma is in the Young Womens program at Church and I hope her girls know just how lucky they are to have her as an example. I am always impressed by Emma & even though she is my little sister, I know I will always look up to her.
John & Emma... isn't she gorgeous?
PS - Emma, you can pay me for this post via Paypal or personal check. Thx.

1 comment:
Wonderful thoughts - and all of them true.
Post a Comment