Monday, August 2, 2010

The look for less

For the last couple of weeks I've been looking for some nice lamps to go on either side of our couch.  I've been going back and forth in my mind about what kind I want to get (big round glass base?  slim and metal?  colored, or silver, or black?  shiny or matte?).  I've never really thought about lamps much so it was so hard to decide the look I was going for.  I fell in love with a lot of different lamps I found, but they were all very expensive and really trendy, and I decided that I didn't want anything too trendy, for obvious reasons.

Finally, I found these lamps that I love on Pottery Barn's website:
Simple and sleek, and they also adjust heightwise, to match the scale of the room.  I love that they are simple but classic, too.  They'll easily transition to different homes, or different rooms if I decide to use them in a bedroom in the future.

However, the $110 (on sale!) price tag wasn't too pretty, and that didn't even include the shade!  So, imagine my surprise when I found this at Walmart.com:


For $35.88 (shade included), it's the same look!  I was thinking of buying these for our anniversary.  They are such a great buy that I'm tempted to just add them to my cart now! (Traditionally, instead of buying gifts for each other for our anniversary, we buy something we've both been wanting/needing for our home.  And since our apartment doesn't have overhead lighting in the LR, I would classify this as a "need"... wouldn't you?).  Now if only I can convince Garrett that he likes them....

2 comments:

sos said...

Go for it - they look great and will go anywhere! Garrett likes them if you like them, right?

Lauren in GA said...

That really is the look for less!! I love them!

We are too rough around here. All of our lamps are kind of crooked from being knocked over...repeatedly.