Monday, June 6, 2011

By the numbers

6:45 - The time that Abby likes to wake up lately.  It's killing me.  Because...

12 - a.m., the time I usually go to bed still.  What's my problem?!?  I think it's that I just love the peace and quiet of evening time so much that I like it to last as long as possible.

1 - number of boxes packed.  

18 - days until we move (yeah, we need to get cracking)

24 - length of our moving van (24') from Budget.  Same size as last year.  It'll be plenty big, but we wanted a diesel so that was our option.

8 - days until I fly to Utah for Molly's wedding!!  Who wants to pick me up at the airport at midnight? Um, seriously. Who?

6 - days that Garrett will be left alone with the kids.  I feel so lucky!  Of course, we all would have loved to go to Utah but it just wasn't possible.  Garrett has been so accommodating and arranged his schedule so he can be home with the kids the whole time I'm gone.  And, I just realized that I will be gone for Father's Day, which is too bad, but on the bright side, I'll be spending that day with my own dad!

3 - Number of quilts in my etsy shop right now.  The quilting bug has hit hard again!

3 - Number of quilts that are pieced and waiting to be quilted.  Unfortunately, my sewing machine is broken (if you are a quilter/seamstress and have a broken machine, you know how devastating/frustrating this can be!).  Happily, I busted out my old Singer Featherweight and used that to piece those last three quilts.  I had forgotten what a dream that little machine is!  I think that will be my new go-to piecing machine, but I still need to replace my other one, since I can't really quilt on the Singer.  I will probably end up just buying the same machine I already had (it's very inexpensive - almost the same cost as a tune-up, so I might as well).  Although, I'm debating whether I should just put that money towards a nicer machine, but I still don't know what that machine would be.  I just need something that will free-motion quilt nicely and easily.  And something still relatively cheap.

3,000 - number of dollars my current "dream" sewing machine costs.  Apparently it's a good price for what it is... I could never imagine spending that much but some people do!

2 - number of times I made homemade pizza last week.  I make a pretty good pizza.

4 - number of days I was sore from a sunburn I got at the beach a week ago.  I've never had one that bad before, and it was painful!  Finally it was pretty much gone by the time we went back to the beach on Saturday.. where I again got burned, but only on my face this time, and thankfully it's almost gone.

2 - Number of really good books I have read recently, that I am meaning to blog about.  Soon.

13 - Number of games I have going on "Words with Friends".  Start a game with me! hcbox19

1 and 1 - One day last week when I was doing Abby's hair, she asked for "one piggy-tail and one pony-tail." "So, two piggy-tails?" I asked.  "No," she said, "One piggy-tail and one pony-tail".  Still trying to figure out what she meant.

About 1 million - number of times Ellie makes us shake our heads and laugh every day.

About 1 million - number of times Abby changes outfits every day.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hannah! If kyle was around i'd totally pick you up! :) Seriously. I hope you have a fabulous trip out here. What is your etsy store link? I'd love to see your finished projects!

sos said...

I think a bus runs that late from the airport....Loved the post - keep writing.

Jon and Molly Knight said...

you will have to make your pizza when you come out here. :)