Thursday, May 26, 2011

What we're up to

Abby watched a show with pirates on it, so she asked me to make her an eye patch and hat.  She loved it.

Ellie hoards toys.

I tried to get some cute pictures of the girls on Mother's Day but Ellie wasn't too into it.


Ellie pretends to be a puppy (or a kitty, I'm not sure which).

I was looking online at projects to do, and Abby saw a picture of a felt mermaid tail and asked me to make her one.  As it so happened, I had a lot of leftover felt from the quiet book I made (including 2 yards of yellow felt, which I accidentally bought instead of two squares.)  Abby liked the final product, but Ellie seems to love it too.  Maybe I'll have to make a second one so they can both be mermaids together.

Abby made a little bed for Mei Mei and did a little photo shoot:

Ellie gets creative trying to reach a snack from the counter (she's standing on an upside down mixing bowl):

For two girls who don't like taking naps, they sure like playing "nap time":

I found these two darling little antique desks on craigslist.  I have been looking for something like these for a long time!  They are a huge hit - the girls just love them.  They even have the little shelf underneath the chairs.

So, I did get a little camera for my birthday in April.  I just discovered last weekend that there is a "beauty" setting on it (??), so I tried it out.  Looks like it just makes the faces a little bit blurry... hmmmm....  I guess people have to be blurred out to look beautiful? ;)

And lastly... this last weekend I finally opened up an Etsy shop online, to sell some baby quilts I've made over the last couple of years.  To be honest, I didn't have much confidence that any would sell.  I would never pay that much for a baby quilt, but I suppose that's because I can make them.  But, I priced them around what other ones were going for (in a similar style and size), and in 4 days I have already sold two of them (pics below of the sold quilts).  Two more are still for sale, so we'll see how those go.  But I am pretty shocked (& flattered) that they sold so quickly.

So yes, I do plan to make & sell more quilts on Etsy.  It's been a fun experience and it's so exciting that people actually buy them!


So, that's what's going on around here.  Garrett started his last rotation of intern year, which is so hard to believe.  Time is winding down.  We've started packing boxes and getting rid of stuff (okay, okay, I'm always getting rid of stuff).  I'm counting down the days I get to go to Utah and spend some quality time with my sisters and my parents.  Molly has one of the prettiest wedding dresses I've ever seen and I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

Oh!  We also closed on our house in Florida!  We did it all by mail so it was actually very anticlimactic, but it's all done and I'm so happy it's over with.  We actually completely forgot about it the day of the closing, and later that night Garrett asked me, "So.... do we own a house?"  Turned out, we did! The sellers actually will be living in the house until a few days before we get there, so they're now renting from us.  It worked out well and we're excited to get down there and get moved in.

So, that's us right now!  Keeping busy, having fun.  Now I have to get back to my bowl of ice cream & the Biggest Loser on hulu......

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Those quilts are gorgeous! I especially love the diamond pattern one. You are wicked talented!