Friday, May 18, 2012

Instagrams

It's been a while since I've done an Instagram update!  To be honest, I sort of slacked a bit and haven't been as consistent lately, but I've gotten back into the swing of things so here we go:

Each night (for a while), the kids and Garrett would watch some short videos on the iPad before bedtime.  They love the little Mormon Stories videos.

Playing outside:

 Ellie still loves to get filthy:

We have high ceilings in our living room and for a long time I couldn't figure out what to do above the fireplace.  I finally decided to make a small quilt to hang:

Abby and her friend Lily:

Feeling sleepy at Grandma's house:

Yes, this is how far behind I am!  This was our trip to Siesta Key in March:

Kayaking:

Rob & Garrett:

Wildlife:

Breakfast time:

Wrestling with Daddy:

Studying daddy's radiology textbooks:

Late night dinner at Friendly's:

Girls' trip to Orlando:

UF gymnastics meet:

Me & my girls:

Sister:

Going for a walk... she lasted about 30 feet and then I had to carry that dang stroller the rest of the way around the block.

Making Easter cookies with Grandma:

Beach day:

The girls and I picked about 20 lbs of strawberries at a local U-pick farm.  I made enough jam to last us until next strawberry season!

Easter Sunday

Outdoor movie at the park.  We saw "Hop".  It was pretty cute.

Just some light summer reading....

Orlando temple:

My birthday cake, courtesy of Anthony & Kristi!

Registering Abby for kindergarten.... such a sad day for me! (Seriously you guys... it is FULL DAY kindergarten and I'm dreading it SO MUCH)

Ellie's hair gets so curly when it dries naturally:

"Helping" with the laundry:

Exercising with me... Abby is amazing at this.  She has the routines down pretty well and can stick with me for an entire 50-minute workout.  She even does the cool down (I always skip it).

Doll picnic:

I love the hot weather here in Florida, but I could never live here forever because there are TOO MANY BUGS.  Sometimes I feel like I am going insane.  Bugs outside are tolerable but I can't stand the bugs in my house.  We finally sprayed and I think it's helping a little.  We want to try doing it ourselves before paying for a monthly service.

Driving home from an afternoon swim:

Ellie's first day of swimming lessons!

Ice cream at Haagen-Daz.

Aaaand, more ice cream at home.  Even though Ellie is wearing the same dress, I promise this was the next day, not same day as Haagen-Daz. :)

The girls and I picked 18 lbs of blueberries at a local U-pick place.

Mother's Day!

Making blueberry cream cheese pie:

Making blueberry pancakes:

Blueberry muffins for breakfast:

Garrett was on call the other night, so we had oatmeal for dinner... Abby jazzed hers up with blueberries, homemade granola, and maple syrup.

I don't usually pick out Ellie's outfits for her (it's pointless since she changes her clothes about 7 times per day), but this morning we were in a hurry to get somewhere so I handed her an outfit.  She kept throwing it on the floor and saying something over and over again but I didn't understand what she was saying.... I just kept picking it back up and telling her to PUT IT ON, not throw it on the floor.  This went on for a while and I was getting pretty frustrated, so finally I just stopped and watched her.  Turns out she was saying "see if it's cute!  See if it's cute!", and throwing it onto the floor so she could arrange it nicely and "see if it was cute" to wear that day.  This girl keeps us on our toes!

Whew... well now we are all caught up on Instagrams.  Tomorrow I'll post some videos of Ellie's recent swimming lessons!  She has been exciting to watch.

3 comments:

BWei said...

Such fun! Loved all the pics. I am jealous of those amazing blueberries.

Haley said...

LOVE that picture of Ellie in the pink tutu with the sweet umbrella and her face covered in mud!

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Fun pictures! Hannah you look so cute in your Mother's Day dress. You have always known how to dress classy.

I am so PROUD of Ellie for swimming! That's AWESOME! We just got back yesterday from Florida & my boys LOVED the pool! I was trying to teach Preston some of the basics. Hopefully he will learn with time.