What a difference a month makes! And it sure didn't help that I spent 2 weeks eating s'mores and ice cream in Pennsylvania, and only exercised a handful of times (okay, twice). (more on our trip soon.) But the baby is definitely growing, and my face is too (it always does, haha).
My pregnancy is going great. Honestly, only during the last week or two have I started to feel a little of that day-to-day discomfort. Bending over to tie my shoes or pick something up is a little uncomfortable, but that's to be expected.
One thing that has been pretty different this time around is that I have experienced a lot of pain in my hips and my sciatic nerve. My hips were especially bad earlier this summer... it seemed like every time I walked, I could feel my hip bones shifting around, making popping noises, and rubbing against each other. Thankfully that seems to have decreased for the most part. I go walking most evenings (a couple miles or so) and sometimes it happens near the end of my walk, but not too badly. My sciatic nerve hurts a lot when I stand up and start walking, or when I try to get out of bed, but it only lasts for about 15 minutes so thankfully I haven't had to take anything for the pain, I just walk it off (well, it's more of a shuffle).
But, other than those minor details.. things are fine. We are still discussing names and it turns out that Garrett does not like any girls names! I have a name I really like, but he seems to hate it. As much as I'd like to wear him down, I really don't want to choose a name that he "settles" on or that I convinced him to go with... I want him to love his daughter's name! But, I'm beginning to reach the end of my patience, and in a desperate moment I told him, "This is our baby's name unless YOU can start suggesting names that you like! I am DONE thinking up names!" Although, the other day I did suggest a new one and he only cocked his head and winced a little bit, so maybe we have a possibility there. The girls are still making many suggestions... Angelina seems to be at the top of their list (they are big fans of Angelina Ballerina).
Anyway. I have lots to catch up on here on the blog.... 4th of July, our trip to Pennsylvania, and just our everyday happenings here at home. Hopefully I can get it all posted during the next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment