Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Olivia

We feel so blessed to have little Olivia in our family.
                            
You know those stories of the illusive "perfect baby"?  The baby who sleeps through the night at 2 weeks old, is always happy, and just generally easy?  Yeah, I had always heard about them too, and I wasn't sure I believed that they really existed.

But, I stand corrected.  Because Olivia is just perfect.  No, she doesn't sleep through the night, but she's pretty darn close and has been since she came home from the hospital.  For the first two weeks, she got up around twice per night.  But, that was okay because Garrett was home and I could nap whenever I wanted to during the day.  The day my mom left (at 3.5 weeks), I put her to bed at 6pm.  She woke up once, at 1:30, and then slept again until 8.  Not every night has been that good, but she still only gets up once and it's very brief.  Having Ellie was a difficult adjustment for me (she was tough), so I was really nervous about three, since everyone says it's the hardest.  But, thankfully I've found that that hasn't been the case for me.  Although there have been moments of frustration, I've found that the transition to three was smooth.

She's also adorable, obviously. :)  Here she is hanging out with Daddy during his post-work nap:

Sleeping beauty:

Sisters.  I can't believe I am the mother of three girls:



Our friend Haley made the cutest little matching skirts for the girls.  Here is Olivia wearing hers:

Smiles for Mom:

Her hair is awesome - after her bath is gets all fluffy.  Also, it was very dark when she was first born but it's starting to lighten up a bit.

I could just hold her and snuggle her all day... we are so blessed!

We are loving being a family of five!

2 comments:

BWei said...

What a cutie--so glad things are going well. Wish Robbie was sleeping that well at night! :-)

Ashley said...

She reminds me of Molly most, I think. And Gemma is the perfect baby too. Sleeping through the night since the beginning, perfect eater, totally content to just sit and play with her toes and smile at people all day ... Funny we both got a break with number three! Olivia is such a cutie!