Our Christmas trip to Savannah was definitely bittersweet.
Garrett's parents moved to St. George, UT just three days after Christmas. His dad was offered a job there that was just too good to pass up.
We are happy for them, but really sad for us. Having them in Savannah was such a huge blessing. They lived in a central location that allowed all of us to come be together pretty frequently over the last couple of years. It was a huge reason we decided to go to Florida for Garrett's residency and we have loved being near them.
It will be a hard adjustment to be sure. Thankfully, between FaceTime and Google Video chat and all that fun stuff, we can still see them from time to time. It just won't be the same.
We attempted to take a nice family picture on Sunday afternoon before Christmas. Unfortunately, whenever the weather is nice enough to enjoy being outdoors, the gnats want to be out too and they are everywhere. This particular afternoon was the worst I had ever seen in Savannah. There were thousands and they were just terrible. In fact, I'm shocked that there aren't tons of little black dots all over the picture; I felt like we were standing in a cloud of gnats. And they don't just fly around being annoying... they bite! Ugh I hate those things.
We framed this picture and gave it to Garrett's parents for Christmas so they can hang it in their new house in Utah. We know that they will miss all their kids and grandkids here, but we know they will definitely not miss all the darn bugs here in the South. Yuck.


1 comment:
Ooh I hate gnats! Those and mosquitoes and roaches are things I do not miss about the South. I am sorry to hear about Garrett's family moving--it is always so nice when you feel that family is close by. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment