Tuesday, January 29, 2013

101 Update

Here's the latest update on my 101 project...

42. Be less dependent on paper towels (I use them for everything!)

Done!  I recently got some Norwex products and I am loving them!

49. Have 6 months of expenses saved up in our emergency fund

Also done!  It's actually more like a "comfortable" 8 months, and it could maybe be stretched to almost a year if we really tried.  This was a really hard one and took a lot of dedication but it feels great to have.

74. Take a trip to Target and only buy things on my list

Did this last week.  I took the girls to Target so that we could peruse the toy aisles and Abby could tell me what she wanted for her birthday (I didn't just want to buy for the sake of buying something - I wanted to get her something she actually wanted).  So, I had nothing on my list to buy that day and we walked out with nothing... just a phone full of pictures. ;)  (We ended up buying her a music box with a ballerina on the top - she loves it)

Up next...

17. Give up soda for good - I don't drink much of the stuff anyway, but I really just need to stop altogether.  Everything I've read about it just sounds disgusting.  I haven't had any for a few weeks now so maybe at the one month mark I'll consider that as long enough to mark it off as "done"...
24. Create a will with Garrett - it's just plain irresponsible that we don't have one.  Not that we have much stuff to leave to anyone, but we do have 3 cute kids that would need to be taken care of.
66. Start recycling more - for some reason recycling confuses me.  What can be recycled?  Do I have to wash it? Which bin does it go in?  I just need to read up on FL's rules and get going on this.  We already have two bins for crying out loud.
72. Buy a five year journal and keep up with it - I am going to buy myself one for Valentine's Day.  I know I could just use a cute notebook but none have enough pages, or they have way too many.  I'll probably just buy this one... I saw it in person at a bookstore and it looks good.

3 comments:

sos said...

Good job! Here's one more for your list....add a picture of Olivia on the side right below Abby and Ellie.

Jon and Molly Knight said...

Good job! Ditto to mom's comment :) . I still use the 5 year journal you gave me for my birthday (same one you are going to buy). I am on the 3rd year of it now. I love it, and write in it every night!

Mudd said...

Congrats on #74. As for #66, I'm a recycling fiend, if it can be rinsed and recycled, I do it! Our recycling bins have a lid on them here in Cache Valley with a list of dos and donts of recycling. Just a tip to help you out - nothing with grease or food particles, so don't ever recycle pizza boxes. My neighbors do it all the time and I'm the crazy person that pulls them out of recycling and puts them in the dumpster...