Strawberry season was supposed to start three weeks ago, but we've had some really chilly nights and days lately which really slowed the berry production. Thankfully, the picking farm opened up last week and we went early in the morning on opening day!
The berries were big and ripe and we had no problems filling our buckets quickly. Afterwards, Olivia and I hung out at the picnic tables while the girls played at the farm's playground for a while. It was a really fun morning and worth the drive out. We love this farm and hope to go back once more before strawberry season is over sometime in May.
I love strawberries in anything - smoothies, pancakes, on waffles, in crepes, all alone, etc. I also found some fun new recipes on Pinterest that I'm excited to try out. Thankfully the girls love them as much as I do, so I don't think we'll have any troubles getting through them.

No comments:
Post a Comment