Tuesday, April 30, 2013

In the kitchen

Here are some things we've eaten lately:

Quinoa, black bean, & corn tacos.  Fantastic!  I used salsa instead of canned tomatoes, and I didn't add the coriander because I didn't have any.  But other than that, I followed the recipe perfectly.  I highly recommend it - it's a great vegetarian meal and makes great leftovers.  I had mine over salad greens to make it like a taco salad and it was really good.

Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Roasted Brussels Sprouts. I also highly recommend this one... even the kids loved it.  I sauteed the Brussels sprouts instead of roasting them, but other than that I followed the recipe.  I used a "spicy chicken sausage with jalapenos" from Trader Joe's.

I used this method to make black beans and it turned out well.

Pesto Ranch Crockpot Chicken.  This was good too, and the kids liked it.  I always love a good crockpot recipe!  I used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead, since that's what I had on hand.  Served it over angel hair pasta.

Coconut Red Lentils.  Another great vegetarian meal, served with jasmine rice.

Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.  I loved this.  The only things I changed in this recipe were that I used spinach instead of kale (didn't have kale on hand), and I used real butter instead of butter substitute.  Oh, and I left out the almonds because I didn't have any. 

2 comments:

Brenna Bee said...

Where do you find all these recipes?

Hannah said...

Brenna, I find most of them on Pinterest :)