Friday, May 3, 2013

Food


Olivia turned 6 months old in April, and we finally started her on solids.

With Abby and Ellie, we started on rice cereal and oatmeal and all those other "baby cereals" that people normally do (I think most people do?).  Anyway, with Olivia we are just going straight to "real" food and I'm going to make most of it myself (which is so easy with a blender or, especially, my Magic Bullet!).  First up: roasted butternut squash.  I think she liked it!

I've also been giving her small pieces of table food like bananas, rice, and avocados (which, I must say, is a huge sacrifice.  I don't share my avocados with just anyone.).

She seems to like everything so far.  Still no teeth, but she's "chewing" everything I give her, which is so cute with those chunky little cheeks.  Love this girl!

1 comment:

Brenna Bee said...

I don't think I've gone through a single box of rice cereal between meg, isaac and libby combined. I never really did that and always went straight to food. I made all of Megs food. The girl loved beets! I'd just buy the canned beets and blend them with milk and she adored them. It makes for some awesome clown face pictures, too! :)