When I first created my 101 goal list, it was because I wanted to set goals for myself of things that I really wanted to accomplish eventually. I didn't want to always say "someday I will do that", and have "someday" never arrive.
As I study my list and try to get everything done, I've noticed that there are a few things that just don't matter to me anymore. Since they don't have anything to do with building my character or making me a better person, I'm just going to skip them. Forcing myself to do them at this point just wouldn't make sense. These include the following:
2. Go to a UF football game
Unfortunately, it's too late for this to happen! I really do like college football games and it would have been a great time, but this last season, Garrett was out of town or at work during literally every home football game. Maybe I'll have to include this on my next 101 list? We only have one more football season here in Florida!
32. Paint/refinish the old dresser I have
Well, this old dresser is in the back corner of our walk-in closet, so literally no one sees it except for me. Also, the bottom drawer is broken so I can't push it in. Not worth painting.
43. Paint my pantry door
I'm on the fence about this one. Since we are going to be trying to sell our house in a little over a year, I'm tempted to skip it. Still thinking about it. I wanted to paint it a really light blue.
69. Paint our bedroom
When we moved into our house, I painted literally EVERY room except for our laundry room, master bedroom, and master bathroom. It was a LOT of painting, especially since painting the living room had me teetering on the tippy top of the ladder! I was so burnt out by the end that I took a break and told myself I would get to the master bedroom "eventually". Well, "eventually" never happened and the yellow color has grown on me. I don't love it, but I don't dislike it enough to paint it.
70. New hardware on the cabinets
Not something I want to spend my money on. I don't love the current hardware but it's fine.
92. Reconnect with a close friend from the past, build up a strong relationship again
This might sound cold-hearted but I just don't think I can do this. It's hard to stay close to people who live so far away, who aren't family members. People grow apart. I just don't have time to cultivate a long distance relationship with an old friend, who I may not even share common interests with anymore. They have their own friends, I have mine. We'll read each other's blogs and send Christmas cards and keep up with each other, because we do care about each other, but it's just hard to keep a strong relationship going. I hope that doesn't sound mean.
98. Go to the pageant in Palmyra
It's too late to do this before my 1001 days are up. I really miss the pageant, though! I went a lot in high school and then I went with Garrett in 2007, when my grandparents lived in Palmyra for 3 years. Hopefully we can go again soon!
There are a couple more that I may be skipping but hopefully not. Unfortunately I saved some of the hardest ones for last! Going to bed by 10:30 for two weeks.... keeping a 2-month cleaning schedule.... learn how to use our Nikon and Lightroom better.... ugh, I'd better get to work!
Friday, January 3, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cold hearted is right. How could you?
Post a Comment