Sunday, April 26, 2015

Lately

The last few months have been busy with the house stuff, and moving prep, but we have managed to have a lot of fun, as always!

Playing with sidewalk chalk:

This is a custom twin-sized quilt that I was working on last month.  It was fun to work on, but a lot of work!  I just got another order for a twin sized triangle quilt, so that should keep me busy for a while.  I also have 4 other custom quilts in the works; I hope I can finish them before we move!

More sidewalk chalk:

The girls in their Easter dresses:

Olivia said, "Don't talk to me, mom,  I'm on the phone."

We've started going to the pool regularly, especially on Wednesdays after the girls finish their tennis lessons.  We've also started getting them slurpees, which they love of course.

Another custom triangle quilt... this one was a toddler size:

Pizza & cookies at the pool - Fridays can't get much better than that!

We went to the annual Easter celebration at the Methodist church down the street.  Ellie loved the animals:

Abbie and her friend Jack at the Easter party.  Jack used to live in Wisconsin so he likes to tell Abbie all about Madison and the fun things she will do there.

Ellie loved the bunnies

General Conference weekend was quiet.  I spent the Saturday sessions sewing curtains while I watched.  I have been sewing a bit for my friend who owns a very successful Etsy shop selling pillow covers and curtains.  She employs 9 girls in the ward to sew for her, but a couple went on maternity leave recently so I've been filling in a bit here and there when she needs me.  It's a nice little side income!

Dyeing Easter eggs between General Conference sessions on Saturday

Olivia and I went for a walk one morning, and Olivia insisted on bringing that red net. "I'm going to catch a squirrel!" she said.

We spent an afternoon at our neighborhood pool last week, with some ladies in the ward.. many of the husbands came after work and we spent a good bit of time hanging out together!  It was a lot of fun.

This is where the moms hang out (I'm taking the pic)

The school bus doesn't drop the girls off at our neighborhood entrance, it drops them across the street.  The girls like to walk, but I don't want them crossing that busy road so they walk in the other neighborhood with their friends Jack and Will towards their house.  I leave my house around 10 mins later so that they can walk for a while.  I thought it was so cute to see that they were each matching with their sibling this day:

No comments: