Friday, December 9, 2016

Abbie's play

Abbie's 4th grade play was in November.  They did a show about Davey Crockett.  She played Carrie Ann, which was one of the main parts!  She did such a great job.  I will admit that when she came home and said she got a main part, I wasn't very excited because I didn't look forward to helping her memorize all her lines (she had a LOT).  I expected that she would get frustrated and it wouldn't go over very well.

But, I was pleasantly surprised.  She was a pro at memorizing her lines, and got them really quickly!  I think it helped a lot that they practiced SO much at school, so that was a big plus.

Honestly, I couldn't understand half of what most of the kids were saying during the show.  I'm not sure if they were playing up their Southern accents for the part, or if those accents were real (wouldn't be surprised around here).  But all the kids were cute and did a really good job.


She got to wear a great big dress, which was fun.


I really enjoy seeing my kids' shows at school.  I like to see what they are working on in music class and I like to see their smiling faces up there.  I also really like that their elementary school here has an actual little theater with "stadium flooring" - the people in the back sit up higher and can see still.  So much better than sitting in a cafeteria and hoping you can catch a glance at your kid once or twice.  It was also smart of us that we went to the daytime performance (during school), so we were sitting on chairs in the back behind kids who were sitting on the floor.  Even Garrett got to come, since he was able to switch to the 2-11pm shift for that day.  All in all, a great performance -- especially since Henry miraculously slept in his carseat the entire time.  Certainly out of the ordinary for him.

Great job, Abbie!

No comments: