Tuesday, December 13, 2016

New glasses

After 4 years of having the same glasses, we thought it might be time for Ellie to get some new ones.  Her old lenses were a bit scratched up, the pink color had faded years ago, and they were just a bit too baby-ish for her (according to her... I thought they were perfect and adorable!).  

We ordered these through Zenni optical, which seems like a nice concept. Cheap glasses that you order online after you put in your prescription.  Garrett had good luck with them a few months ago so we thought we'd give it a try with Ellie.  These were originally listed at like $17, so I planned to get her two pairs in case one didn't work out (or just so she could rotate in between them as she wanted).  However, by the time I put in her prescription and opted for a few of the "upgrades" (like scratch free lenses, etc... plus her prescription is so strong that the lenses cost an additional $20), we were clocking in at $50.  No longer "cheap" glasses, so we just got one pair for now.

We all love them, and she loves them too which is the most important part.  They are a little big, which bugs me because we measured so well and the reviews said they were even a bit small for their 6-year-olds so I thought we would be okay.  But, oh well.  She will grow into them I suppose.

I can't say I blame her for picking out those cute pink frames.  She looks adorable!

No comments: