Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Summer begins!



I can't believe Melinda got voted off American Idol! I knew I should have voted. I really wanted it to come between her and Blake in the final, and then I wanted her to win. I'm not really a fan of Jordan... but whatever. And, speaking of TV shows, LOST is being absolutely crazy. I can't wait until the season finale next week. I hear there are some deaths, and *SPOILER ALERT* I also hear that certain people we may think are dead really aren't (which I'm not too excited about, but whatev).

We have been busy since Garrett finished school on Monday. Yes, we have been sleeping in, which has been great, but we've also been getting a lot done once we get up! Yesterday we took a trip to Lowe's and bought some shelves for Abby's room to put her stuffed animals in. They used to be at the bottom of her crib but she just started scooting all around in it, so we wanted to get them out of the way. We also got some fertilizer and grass seed for some bare spots in the front yard. Then we had a BBQ with some friends for dinner, which was fun! Then today we spent a few hours in the front lawn. The previous owners of the house cut down a big tree in front but they left the stump and the grass all around it is dead. The stump is also pretty dried out and dead, so Garrett chopped a lot of it out with a pick-axe. It was so hot out but we survived... hopefully Garrett's back won't give him too much trouble tomorrow. And then tomorrow we plan to repaint the office and get our passports, which alone could take the entire day. That'll cost a nice $300 because we have to get them expidited... but hey, it means we're going to Mexico, right?

No comments: