Sunday, June 24, 2007

Blessing Day



We finally blessed Abby this last Sunday at the beach house. It was so nice and thankfully she was very good during the whole thing (she wanted to show up her cousin!). Garrett gave the blessing, and included in the circle were Grandpa Woodbury, Jared, and Jesse (the 2 brother-in-laws). Before we started the blessing we sang “Families Can Be Together Forever”, which is one of my favorite primary songs (we also sang it as a big family on the day that Garrett and I were married, right before we left our wedding reception, so it’s pretty special to me). Anyway, for a little bit there we weren’t sure if we would be able to bless Abby outside of sacrament meeting, but thankfully we got permission from the Bishop. At first when we asked he was a bit hesitant to let us, but then he looked in the handbook and saw it was ok. I am so grateful, too. I just think that doing it at home is so much nicer because we could do it around Abby’s schedule, and it’s just so much more private and special, in my opinion. I mean, I love baby blessings and I enjoy them at Church, but it’s not like the entire ward is dying to hear the blessing. I just think doing it at home has so many benefits and it’s just so nice.

No comments: