Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day! (2 Days Late)

I had this post ready to go on Sunday, and I was planning to post it Sunday evening (and it would have been on time for Mother's Day!). But, plans changed. Emma called me while we were eating dinner and said, "Nice blog! I cried both times I read it!"

"What blog? What are you talking about? I haven't posted it yet."

"Oh, wait. You haven't seen it? Oh. Uhhh... Garrett wrote you a blog. He posted it today. Sorry, it must have been a surprise."

I then proceeded to run to the computer to read the beautiful letter that Garrett had written for me. It was a complete surprise! I know at the bottom of the post it says "Posted by Hannah", but that's because Garrett had signed into my account to write it. Isn't he the sweetest? What a great Mother's Day surprise! He really has a way with words.

And on that note, a quick word about my own mothers!

I have the best mom, grandma and mother-in-law a girl could ask for! I'm so lucky. Emma wrote a great post about Mom, so I won't repeat it all here. Plus I have to save up some good stuff to write for her birthday.
Mom, thanks for all that you do for our family. You have been a wonderful example to me and I hope that I can be as great a mom to my kids as you are to me. Thanks for always being there for me. I love you!

My mom and me

Mom and 3/5 of us kids

Another great and inspiring Mom - my Grandma Siebach! Thanks, Grandma, for being such a great example to our big family. I think about you a lot and am so grateful and inspired by the sacrifices that you have made for the Church and for our family. I love you!

And finally, the mom who raised my wonderful husband. Mom W, I love Garrett so much, and I know I owe you a lot for the way he has turned out. You are such a blessing in my life and you have taught me so much. Thank you for welcoming me into your family and treating me like one of your own. I love you!

Aren't Moms great? I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are all so cute, and your mom looks so young in those old photos. Fun.

Lauren in GA said...

Moms are so great! I loved this tribute post and reading how you reacted to Garrett's surprise letter :)