Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Match-up

Well, we've waited 4 long months and it's finally here: the season finale of American Idol! I must say, I've been very impressed with both Davids from the beginning, and I'm happy that one of them will be crowned as 2008's "American Idol". Even if you haven't been watching much this year, or if you haven't seen anything this whole season, tonight's show will probably still be worth watching.

Every week (well, almost), my sister-in-law Shauna gives her critique of the week's show (read this week's here. Shauna is hilarious and manages to put into words everything I'm thinking about the show, and she's very funny). She also says who she thinks will go home (she is usually right), and today I just want to take a minute and share my thoughts on last night's show.

Usually I am at mutual up at the Church on Tuesday nights, but last night I got to babysit my friend's kids for the night because she and her husband went out of town. All the kids were in bed by 7:45 (Abby included!), and I fell onto the couch in exhaustion and anticipation for the show.

I missed every. single. song. I think the kids had a radar or something that let them know every time someone was about to sing, because that would be the moment when they took turns crying or needing something (drink, bathroom, etc). Also, Abby took forever falling asleep because there was loud thunder. A couple of times I managed to be in the living room during a song, but those two moments were the times that the weather service decided to cut out the sound and play their staticky message ("This is the national weather service.... Severe Thunderstorm warnings in blahblah counties.... Tornado Warnings in blahblah counties"). And of course, this warning is always about 10x louder than the tv volume, so it would wake at least one kid up each time. And I couldn't just let them cry, because then the other two would have woken up! How do parents of multiples do it??? (And don't worry Abbie, I forgive you... I know you'll be returning the favor soon!) I did, however, manage to see every commercial. Yay.

But all is not lost. Since I usually miss Tuesday's AI, I know that I can just look up each performance on YouTube and get all caught up. And I'm still very excited for tonight's show! Goooo David!

No comments: