When Abby was just a few months old and couldn't crawl yet, people always said "Oh, enjoy it while you can... when she starts crawling, she'll be into everything!" Eventually, she began to crawl, and yes she did get into things, but thankfully it wasn't so bad. Still, people said, "Oh, enjoy it now! When she starts walking, then she'll REALLY be into everything."
Well, now Abby is walking (and running!) like a pro, and I have to say.... I LOVE it! I love her independence, and I love not having to carry her around constantly. It used to be so hard to bring her places - like the park, for example - because she would want to be out and about with the other kids, but she would just crawl around in the dirt and sand, getting filthy. Now that she walks, though, I can just let her go and watch from a distance as she toddles around and climbs on things. Sure, she still falls sometimes and she does get dirty, but it's not nearly as bad as it was before she could walk. I love this freedom that we are both enjoying!
Isn't she the cutest? But I'm just a little biased.PS - Learn how to make strawberry jam today over at my other blog, Safely Gathered In!

5 comments:
She really is the cutest! I love the pictures...the black and white one is really artistic looking.
Her eyes are so beautiful.
Hey! That is the shirt I got her- it looks so cute. P.S. Do you think the strawberry jam is good? Have you tried it? I made a recipe last year that was WAY too sweet and I just wanted to know how it was. Also, I totally agree! Walking is way better than crawling.
That top picture is SO cute. I have totally forgotten about pictures for Fathers Day! Yikes. Will you take them tomorrow or Friday? PLEASE? Thanks. Because I know you'll say yest.
Tell Emma that the strawberry jam is DELICIOUS, but I love sugar so I'm a biased judge, but there are "sugar-free" jam pectin packets you can buy too. I'll mention that in my other post.
Maybe I should have just written an email.
Oh the joys of Abbey! :) She is so cute! I miss her so much, and I am dying that we haven't been able to get together. I was going to call and invite you guys to a free concert last night at the library, but then the rain picked up. We will have to get together soon. She is getting so BIG!
i love all of your pictures! so cute. abby is adorable!
What are you doing for fathers day? Any great ideas?
Oh and I LOVE the other website. I think you and Abs are amazing!
Post a Comment