before
When I was little and we lived in NH (the first time), we had a big basement with a toy room. Dad built some shelves that went along the entire wall, and it was just great for keeping all our toys organized. Unfortunately, we don't have a basement, or a designated toy room, but we make do.
We have a countertop that separates our kitchen from our living area, and underneath it there's a cabinet, where we keep Abby's toys. It's the perfect de-cluttering solution, because for a while we just had her toys in a "neat" pile against a wall in the living room, but I really didn't like how messy it made the room look! So I cleaned out this cabinet and it's just great. I have a goal that Abby's toys will ALWAYS fit in here. Sure, many of them are "baby" toys that she'll grow out of soon, so we'll store those away when we need to, but I want to keep her "current" toys always in here. I think it's a good way to keep myself from buying her too many things. She plays with the same ones over and over again anyway, so it's just fine. And sure, she does have a few large toys that don't fit in the cabinet, and that's ok too.
Anyway, I decided that since I'm going to keep this as the "toy cabinet", I might as well organize it so that it can hold as many toys as needed! I bought these cute little bins at Target and they are just perfect! I may get one more and put it where all the stuffed animals are - those are usually kepts on a shelf in her bedroom anyway.
after!


2 comments:
Those bins are so cute! It looks Great!
I like that it is easy access, too... because when my kids were Abby's age they always wanted to be where I was and would drag their toys to where I was at anyway.
What a great idea. I love those bins from Target. We have a lot to store everything from Legos to stuffed animals to Barbies and doll house furniture. It definitely helps to control the toy clutter.
Post a Comment