We have been so busy lately, which is why I haven't updated our blog as often lately. I'll try to be better about it, though, because I really want to have a good record of our family happenings.What's keeping me so busy? WELL.....
- I'm making ALL our Christmas gifts this year, so that's already consumed a LOT of time. I know, it seems way too early to be thinking about Christmas but making gifts takes a long time! I actually started working on them in July and it's been a lot of fun for me so far. And as much as I would LOVE to share my projects here, that's just going to have to wait, since they are for the family!
- Book club! We are reading The Secret Life of Bees, and I'm only about 65 pages in but I'm enjoying it.
- Friendship Quilt. I got together with some friends and we're making friendship quilts. All of us bought our own fabrics for a quilt, then we found 2 quilt squares that we wanted to make. Then, we gave pieces of our fabrics to each other, and we made the quilt squares we chose. It's been a lot of fun so far and I'm excited to see the final products.
- My food storage blog. This blog takes an incredible amount of time, but it's well worth it. Food storage is something I should be working on anyway, so Abbie and I figured we might as well help other people out while we were at it. It's made it much more enjoyable for us, and I really love doing the blog. We get about 250-300 hits a day, which is ok. We also have tons of new ideas all the time, which makes it exciting and interesting.
- Abby! Abby is learning her ABC's, and it's so cute to hear her sing them. I'll try to get a video posted. She also recognizes many letters (A, B, E, J, M, O, T, U, Y) and it's fun when she points them out on everything (books, signs, etc)
- Garrett and I repainted our bedroom yesterday. It's a gray/blue color and we love it - so soothing. I'll take pictures when our room is completely done, though... I have a few more projects in mind for the room.
- ASL. I signed for all of sacrament meeting yesterday, which was very intimidating but good experience for me. Still learning, though.
- I'm the Personal Progress Coordinator in our ward. Basically, I'm in charge of keeping track of the girls' personal progress, and I also plan one activity a month for all the girls, and we work on one of the values. This month we are focusing on Divine Nature, so we worked on DN experience #2 - I had a panel of mothers come in and talk about motherhood, and I also gave a short lesson and we reviewed Proverbs 30, and gave out some conference talks for them to review. In 2 weeks I'll follow up with them and see if they completed the requirements, and we'll sign them off!!
That's all I can think of for now! It's looking like a busy week ahead, but we're going to Savannah this weekend so we have something to look forward to!

2 comments:
That is so amazing that little Abby is learning her ABC's already!! She is obviously brilliant just like her Mommy!
You need to send me the link for those homemeade gifts you were telling me about!
Post a Comment