Wednesday, October 8, 2008
No animals were hurt in the writing of this post
Right now Garrett and I are watching "Red, Hot, & Green", an HGTV show about redesigning your home in eco-friendly ways - you know, making it "green" and stuff.
Well, they were just re-doing the shower in a bathroom, where they tore out some tiles and and replaced them with completely recycled, eco-friendly glass. Oooh, recycled glass, that's great (seriously). But... what does that even mean, eco-friendly? It's not going to emit toxic gas like the old tiles did (not)? I understand why "going green" can be cool, and I understand the importance of using recycled products etc., but it just seems kind of pointless to spend a lot of money (that most people probably don't have) to do these things, PLUS they are tearing out all their old fixtures and where does that stuff go?? Right now they are talking about how cool it is that they are using recycled materials for the new countertop, but where's the old countertop? Right, it went to the landfull. That seems a little backwards to me... am I missing something?
Anyway... we have a giveaway going on at my food storage blog... check it out! And thanks to everyone who has commented so far... we're very excited that so many people like our blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You bring up some great points! Where DOES the old stuff go...I think you are right...the landfill. Yikes!
I forgot to tell you that I love the title of this post! Hee hee. :)
I like the new blog-style. Well done.
You bring out perfect points about the eco-movement! I'm getting to the point where I'm annoyed by those touting "green" products. It reminds me of those who say that people with big families consume so much. In fact, I think we consume less than average--we learn to conserve, recycle and use again. I LOVE hand-me-downs!
I KNEW I wouldn't win.
Post a Comment