Thursday, April 29, 2010

Westward!

We weren't home from D.C. for a full week before we packed up again, this time for a big, long trip to Utah and California.

Abby is a great traveler, thankfully!

First we stopped in Utah and spent a few days at my sister Emma's house.  It was a looong flight (we stopped in Denver on the way).  Elle spit up all over me 10 minutes into the first flight, and she also doesn't sleep well if she isn't in a bed so it was a bit rough.  I shouldn't complain too much because really, she is a very good baby and even her fussy moments are pretty tame.  It was just hard to travel so far with two kids, even with Garrett's help.  We flew a lot when Abby was a baby (and I flew with her alone a few times, too), but two kids is a whole new situation!

Being in Utah was so much fun (it always is!).  Abby and Chris are only a week apart and they had a great time playing together and having sleepovers every night.  It was so cute to tuck them into bed at night, only to hear them 30 minutes later still sitting in their beds reading books and talking.

Abby and Chris

We also got to spend some time with great friends who used to live here but moved to Utah a year ago.  We miss them so much so it was a lot of fun to see them!

Addie and Abby

Mom was there for a while because she had some business she had to take care of in Provo, so it worked out that she came when we were there.

Chris, Mom, Abby

Marian

I even got to celebrate my birthday while we were in Utah - I turned the big 2-6!  It pretty much feels the same as 25, I have to say.  We got some awesome sushi for dinner, which is all I could ever ask for.  Mmmm... I'm still dreaming about it.  Yes it was THAT good!  Thanks to EVERYONE who came to Emma's house to celebrate with us. (i.e., Brandon). (And Elza and Molly!)

I miss the mountains...

Thanks SO MUCH to Emma and John for letting us come stay at their house, and for watching our kids while we went to California.  And thanks Mom and Molly for helping out too, and Molly for letting us use your car while we were there.

Up next: Pictures from California!

6 comments:

Emma and John said...

it went by way too fast...can't wait to see you all again next week!!

Andrea said...

How fun! I love the pictures! I miss the mountains too. However, we are enjoying beautiful weather here and it is still snowing in Utah! Ask me in August and I will have something totally different to say!

Rachelle said...

LOVED seeing you guys! Wish you were around all the time!

LdyLisa said...

Hello, I am new to blog spot and a new investigator of the LDS church. I love your blog and your layout . I was wondering where you found a layout with the space on the side to write or add the pictures. Thanks for your help and I love the food storage ideas from the link to safely gathered in.. Lisa.

Lisa said...

Thanks again.

Lauren in GA said...

I have never even lived out west and I think I miss the mountains.

I love the pictures.