Graduation week started with a riverboat "cruise" on the Savannah River. There were three different times to go on the cruise, and we chose the earliest time because our dinner group decided to have dinner together afterwards. It was a great choice because we literally had the whole boat to ourselves!
The next night was the senior banquet - I wore my dress from Garrett's sister's wedding. It was a fun time - apparently this is what Garrett's class dues have been going towards. Frankly, the dinner was nothing to remember but from what I could tell, the open bar was where it was at! Glad our money went towards someone's enjoyment.
(I guess I missed the black & white memo, haha)
On Thursday, the medical school had their hooding ceremony. It's a more intimate graduation-type event where the doctors receive their hoods that they wear for graduation. Since MCG graduation consists of more than just the medical school (dental, nursing, etc), this was a really nice ceremony where they just talked about the MD degree. It was probably my favorite event of the week. Great speakers, and a nice reception afterwards.
The gang!! This was the last time we were all together, sad day.
The ladies
The doctors
It's official! Dr. and Mrs. Woodbury.
Everyone who came to GA for the graduation
(minus Emma, who stayed home to watch the kids since my babysitter canceled at the last minute)
Thanks to EVERYONE who came to Georgia to celebrate such a big event with us! Thanks to everyone who watched our kids during that week (Emma & Sheena) and thanks to everyone for all the well wishes. I am so proud of Garrett and this huge accomplishment that he has achieved.
Now here's to paying off student loans for the next 30 years! :) Haha just kidding. Maybe. No seriously, we will be.

3 comments:
Congratz!:)
Way to go!!! Woot Woot!!! Really cute pictures, and I love the black and white skirt!!!
Yeah! It is weird how time can go by fast and slow at the same time. Here's to new adventures! Yippee.
Post a Comment