- "No, that won't fit in our apartment."
- "Why is Abby being so naughty lately??"
- "We can't afford it."
- "Mmm, leftovers!"
- "The car won't start...... again."
- "I can't believe you have to start working again!! This is going to take some getting used to."
- "ABBIE, SIT DOWN AND FINISH YOUR DINNER!"
- I really need to go to the library (we aren't going to get cable here)
- "Where is my i-touch?"
- "Why isn't my computer working?"
- "Maybe we should get around to putting the pictures up on the walls."
- "We are out of milk."
- "Did you ever find my contacts when you unpacked?" (Still no, Garrett)
- "Abby, PLEASE stop snatching toys away from Ellie!"
- "I really want the new Evo phone."
- Happy Birthday Garrett!
- Happy Father's Day!
- "Abby, please stop jumping off the couch. That's how Ava BROKE HER ARM!"
- "When are you going to take that stuff to Rob's garage?" (dolly, bike, skis,. ladder)
- I need a better stroller. (yes. need.)
- Abby, SIT DOWN AND EAT!"
- "This room is a mess."
- "I wonder when we are going to get callings at Church" (done.)
- "Thank heavens for the gps in our phones."
- I have to study/take a quiz/read.
- Thank goodness our closets are so big."
And that, my friends, is what we've talked about over the last two weeks, in a nutshell. We live extremely exciting lives, I know you are jealous.
And to expound on one of the above.... one morning Abby woke up waaayyy too early (we're talking 6 a.m.) so Garrett gave her his i-touch to play with so she would be quiet and let us sleep. A few hours later he asked her where it was, but she didn't know. This is really strange because Abby always knows where EVERYTHING is (case in point: the other night she asked for her doll as she was going to bed. She had been playing with it that morning, but hadn't seen it since then and didn't know where she had put it. I asked her where it was and she said, "In the stroller. In the living room corner. Facing the wall."). So anyway, it was pretty surprising that she didn't know where the i-touch was but we figured it would turn up. Well, it didn't. Three DAYS later we were still searching for that darn thing and asking Abby over and over again where it was, and each time she said she didn't know. Finally, we decided to kneel in prayer to ask where it was (I know, we should have thought of that earlier). Not THREE MINUTES LATER, Garrett found it in Abby's room. I know I looked there before, but there it was! But it was a great lesson and we were able to teach Abby about the importance of prayer, and also the importance of saying "thank you" in prayer afterwards.

3 comments:
I am SOOOO glad that Ava could be such a great teaching tool for you!!!
And we have the same conversations at our table too. Ahhhh parenting!
That really was a great teaching moment. I am glad you found the i-Touch.
Sooooooo, what are the new callings? Do tell ☺!
We can definitely relate the leftovers comment, and stuff not fitting in our apartment! Not to mention Will and I had a heated debate about whether or not to put up photos here. :)Hope Garrett had a great birthday!
Post a Comment